14 Unwritten Rules That Keep Men Rich
“Learn to sell. Learn to build. If you can do both, you will be unstoppable.”
1. Seek wealth, not money or status. Wealth is having assets that earn while you sleep. Money is how we transfer time and wealth. Status is your place in the social hierarchy.
2. Understand that ethical wealth creation is possible. If you secretly despise wealth, it will avoid you.
3. Ignore people playing status games. They gain status by attacking people playing wealth creation games.
4. You’re not going to get rich renting out your time. You must own equity – a piece of a business – to gain your financial freedom.
5. You will get rich by giving society what it wants but do not yet know how to get. At scale.
6. Pick an industry where you can play long-term games with long-term people.
7. The internet has massively broadened the possible space of careers. Most people haven’t figured this out yet.
8. Play iterated games. All the returns in life, whether in wealth, relationships, or knowledge, come from compound interest.
9. Pick business partners with high intelligence, energy, and, above all, integrity.
10. Learn to sell. Learn to build. If you can do both, you will be unstoppable.
11. If you can’t code, write books and blogs, record videos and podcasts.
12. There is no skill called “business.” Avoid business magazines and business classes.
Study microeconomics, game theory, psychology, persuasion, ethics, mathematics, and computers.
13. Reading is faster than listening. Doing is faster than watching.
14. Become the best in the world at what you do. Keep redefining what you do until this is true.
Thanks for reading. I hope y’all had a good day. If not, that’s okay too. Remember to take care of yourself and try to get some sleep.